I hate her for ruining my relationship with my ex so...

I hate my ex's mother. She is a meddling woman who always interferred in my ex and my relationship. My ex and I would argue because of something she said or did. He would always defend her, and I would get mad. After the baby was born, it only got worse. We broke up, but remained friends for the sake of our daughter.

I haven't spoken to her in almost a year. My daughter's first b-day is in a few weeks, and my ex and I are having a little get-together at a restaurant. His family will be there. Including his mother.

How do I keep from strangling this woman? I don't even want her to LOOK at me, let alone speak to me. The party is only for an hour, but I know it will the longest hour of my life!!

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Smile and pretend..Avoid her if you can at the party.

Answer by louise2 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Tell him that you want to do something more private and not have all the family around. Thats what were doing this year cause my family and his are nothing but drama.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes just being nice will throw people for a loop and it will show that you are the better person. don't go out of your way to ignore her, but. this is your daughters grandmother and for her sake, try to make nice.I know some won't agree, but, being nice mattters more at this point than not being nice.Would you rather your daughter say she had a good time because everyone got along or she had a terrible time, because grandma and mama were fighting. Its your choice, so I hope you make the right one.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Kat122: Sometimes just being nice will throw people for a loop and it will show that you are the better person. don't go out of your way to ignore her, but. this is your daughters grandmother and for her sake, try to make nice.I know some won't agree, but, being nice mattters more at this point than not being nice.Would you rather your daughter say she had a good time because everyone got along or she had a terrible time, because grandma and mama were fighting. Its your choice, so I hope you make the right one.

I agree!
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2009