Anyone on here who feels douching is unsafe?

This is basically part II to my last question about my little cousin douching. Some moms were saying it was unsafe. I douche after every period and don't have any problems. Do you douche, if not enlighten me please. Seriously.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 4:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• the vagina is a self cleaning organ and whe you douche you thruw off your pH balance and things get bad! it's not an immediate thing it's something that starts over time. it's not recommended because douching washes away the bacteria your vagina cleans itself with. all bacteria isn't bad.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't think it is safe. I never have douched. I feel that it takes out all the natural stuff in you and could leave bacteria in there. ...that's just how I feel though.
    Anonymous

• i don't, i believe its unsafe. the uterus and other female reproductive organs are all self-cleansing. using a douche upsets the pH, hormonal and bacterial balance that is naturally (and supposed to be) there.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i don't do it because it can mess up the normal pH and i heard it makes you smell funky lol, just what i've heard, not saying you smell
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think its unsafe, i have read its unsafe so i never have done it.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You are not supposed to douche without a doctors orders or consent.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I used to when I was younger but stopped. My OB/GYN told me NOT to do it because of the reasons the pp listed.
    Anonymous

• Oh wow and I thought I was doing something.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 4:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My doc said not to douche....but I already knew that.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't because the vagina is supposed to clean itself out naturally, hense discharge, but to each his own. I've thought about it before but I'm not willing to take the chance of getting pelvic inflammatory disease which can be caused by douching. That's just me though.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 5:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009