If you live in an apartment.. Do you call it home or apartment?

We live in an apartment.. and I always say.. :Im going home.. or I'm at home.. and my husband always says.. I'm at the apartment.. And it bugs me in a way, because although it's not a home.. Its still our home! What do yall call it?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Until I lived in the apartment we're in now, I called the other ones "the apartment", but this one feels like home to me, so I say home.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 4:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i called it both when we lived in an apartment. but i call the house both "house" and "home" i think the term home is more of a symbol, instead of the physical location. apartment/house is a place. like you can be at home in your lover's arms, even if you're not AT your home, kwim?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i call is home..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• "PLACE" lol ... i hate my place so bad! its not our "home" it never will be a home ... ive lived here since 05 (june) trying to leave since 05 (august) (but probs came up thats out of my control) i dont even have anything on the walls! thats how bad i hate this place! now my "home" that we'll be looking into soon , will be decorated out the ass! lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 4:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I call my apt my home.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• "Home" is where I live. It doesn't matter if it's an apartment, mobile home, house, etc. I only call it my house (or whatever I lived in at the time) if I happened to be talking about the actual building for whatever reason.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Geez,I''ve never thought of it like that. I've always called my apt my home. What a great question.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Home is where you rest your head. Even if we're staying in a hotel it's "home" to us. This house is temporary, but it's still "home".
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• HOME! We rent a house and I would not say...."I am at the rental house"

But your husband may just think "I am at the apartment" verses "I am at the house". Maybe it is just not in his vocabulary to say "I'm at home". Don't read too much into it.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Home is where you make it. I have lived in the same apartment for 5 years and it is home to me.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009