Any advice for how to prepare for a second child thats due right after my fiance leaves for iraq??

we currently have a little girl who is 8 months old. She turns 1 on sept 16 and i am due nov 16. my fiance is scheduled to leave for iraq sometime in september. and he;s going to be gone for a little bit over 6 months...how can cope with this and deal with the older sibling syndrome??

MikaB88

Asked by MikaB88 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, why dont you ask to get his deployment day pushed out by a month. ...They do that a lot. i think there is a limit as far as how far they can push it out. ...but it doesnt hurt to ask.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• can you talk to your fiancee's superiors and let them know that you're due then? my hubby's deployments got shifted around so he could be here for our baby's birth
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i'm not in the military but i know lots of single moms. so i'll give this one a stab. find a coach, and start now with setting up a support network for yourself. also, try one of those baby annabelle dolls for the sibling. when my son came home from the hospital my daughter got a baby too. it was a big help.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 9:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009