Should I test tomorrow?

My doctor wants me to take provera for any cycles lasting 40+ days. I am on day 40 today. I may have ovulated 10-12 days ago meaning that my AF would be coming withing the next 2-4 days. Should I just test tomorrow and start the provera or hold out another few days and see what happens?

AngelicaRenee

Asked by AngelicaRenee at 4:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• not really had much dealing with it but looking at the time period i'd leave it for another few days xx
    mum2oneandabit

Answer by mum2oneandabit at 4:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If you believe you ovulated 10-12 days ago I would wait a few more days until your period is due. if it's a no show then take the provera. some people are able to get positive tests 2-4 days before missed period but most aren't until their period is actually due or late. so i'd rather be safe and wait.
    AngelicaRenee

Comment by AngelicaRenee (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2010