can anyone tell me a quick way to get rid of a migrane??

I just took some advil with a code red moutain dew. I am in lots of pain and feel like I am about the throw it right back up. Anyone got any ideas how to make it go away NOW????

nicky5053

Asked by nicky5053 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• ohh i feel for ya, i get migraines waaay to often..what works for me is putting an icepack on my head..its like it numbs the pain away...ohh i also usually have some coke, and a piece of chocolate too..(caffeine helps) good luck..and if ya feel like your gonna throw up, sometimes its better to just make yourself throw up, and you'll feel better.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Try boiling apple cider vinegar and breathing in the steam. I read that it works, but I've never done it. And, tv and the computer make it worse.
    Anonymous

• the mnt dew should help..i was goin to suggest caffeine but looks like you already thought of that!!
    Anonymous

• try using a cool, wet washcloth on your face. i usually have to do that and apply pressure in the eye region to help it go away. hope you feel better!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• yeah i was always told to drink some coffee or soda when i had a headache because i guess the caffeine dilates your blood vessels making it less work for the blood to circulate.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 5:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• rest! find a dark,quiet room and lay down for an hour.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• take a really super hot bath for like ten minutes.. then take a quick cold shower...if u cant take a bath for obvious reasons microwave a hot rag and put it on your neck for ten minutes.. keeping heating up the rag for the most benefit then switch to cold.. cold is good to supress the blood vessels that are causing your pain and the hot is good to promote circulation.. so if u find a way to do cold and hot it will help the most.. good luck feel better
    Rydersmommy616

Answer by Rydersmommy616 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Excedrine Migraine or Excedrine Migrane Tension Headache works really well, but I also have to lay in a dark, quiet room after taking the pills because mine get pretty bad
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 7:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My husband buts his head under hot water flow.
    Anonymous

• nicky, go see your doctor and ask if you are a good canidate for Frova. If your migraine continues, you might want to go to the ER or you could wait it out. Some migraines can last 72 hours; others longer. But, if this isn't your first migraine, you might want to consult a doctor.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2009