3rd trimester of pregnancy

Is it normal to have urine leakage in the beginning of the 3rd trimester? and feeling like its going to trickle out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it used to happen to me if I coughed or laughed too hard. They say it can happen after the baby is born even. The muscles are just weak right now, thats all.

HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I literally peed on myself pretty much the whole second half of my pregnancy. Every time I coughed, sneezed, laughed..anything I did would cause me to spring a leak. It is normal and I would just suggest wearing a panty liner if you're uncomfortable or think you will..
    Anonymous

• Yup, it's normal. I actually thought it was my water leaking. I asked my doc about it and she said it was a leaky bladder. You can wear a panty-liner.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Just using the experience that I have as a listener and a reader, I would say yes because a lot of women trickle when they laugh or sneeze. It's just due to pressure on the bladder and somewhat weak pelvic floor muscles. If you do kagels (sp?) you should be able to improve your strength and not leak so much.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 5:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009