What if I was pregnant?

This is going to seem crazy brcause I'm on the shot, but...
(I have no periods b/c of the shot)
I have this fear that I'm going to get pregnant and not know because I'm not having periods and end up doing something that could hurt the baby. Anyone felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• i had it happen to me. i missed a shot and concieved 3 days later. when i went for my next shot 2 weeks later, i had no clue that i was pregnant (no periods). thank goodness they gave me a test before they would give me the shot. otherwise, i would have never known and who knows what would have happened to him. you can request tests from them if you ever feel the need. but the whole time i was on it, i didnt get pregnant until i missed a shot.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i can see where your coming from every month your worried if your going to be pregnant or not then if you are the shot could hurt the baby!!

you could always ask your doctor for a alternative like the coil or something at least if you do get your period you know your not pregnant and if you don't get them then you can get to the doctor to sort it out!!

good luck
    mum2oneandabit

Answer by mum2oneandabit at 4:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I know a bunch of people who got pregnant on the shot. I don't think it ever affected their babies, I just hear of people getting pregnant on the shot more than any other birth control!
    Anonymous