CONTRACTIONS????

What do contractions feel like? Can having lots of false contractions cause labor???

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Contractions usually feel like a tight cramp that starts in your mid stomach and goes down to lower stomach. But it's different for everyone. That's the best way I know how to describe it. And no, braxton-hicks can not cause labor. At least, I've never heard of that happening.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• not normally no

but labour can range from many symptoms

you can get lower back pain
    period like cramps just above the pubic bone
    or just tightnings

time then if they get more regular and get more intense over a few hours then there contraction!

if they don't empty your bladder and lay on your left side they should ease of if there branston pickles
    mum2oneandabit

Answer by mum2oneandabit at 4:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• branston pickles? What is that? Sorry, not trying to be a smart-ass, I've never heard them called that before.
    Anonymous

• to me braxton hicks contractions feel like if you were to flex your stomach as hard as you can only, you're not the one flexing the musles, they're doing it all on their own. it gets rock hard if its a good one lol. they shouldnt be painful though, not yet, maybe uncompfortable, but not painful. and dont worry too much, you will definately be able to tell the difference. if you are thinking to yourself i wonder if this is the real thing? it probably is just braxton hicks. if you're thinking to youself oh here we go! then thats probably it lol or at least thats how it was for me. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009