Why does my toddler(15months) refuse to eat regular food? she is still eating gerber pure'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe she just isn't ready or maybe she has a Sensory Dysfunction with tactile things. Like maybe the texture is too weird for her.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It sometimes takes babies a little while to get used to regular foods, she's not used to it. Are you cutting it up into small enough pieces that she can hold it and eat it but not choke on it? Let her eat off of your plate, sometimes that makes a difference.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 4:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It could be a texture thing. I had to slowly mix table food in with the baby food to get my 2nd to transition
    RosePetalTears

Answer by RosePetalTears at 4:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Good thing we never did this crap.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• MoonLover06 -- get off your high horse. Gerber purees aren't evil. They're fruit/vegetables and water. The same thing can happen to a child whose parents mashed or blended their foods exclusively. My daughter still eats huge bowlfuls of pureed broccoli at 2 because she loves it, won't touch steamed broccoli (she doesn't have a sensory issue, though, she eats plenty of other textures), while my 9 month old already prefers to feed herself bites of well-cooked broccoli. From a woman who has made almost all her own baby food, let me tell you, that sounded really stuck up.
    Anonymous