on average how often do you get complimented on how cute your LO is?

I seriously get told my LO is adorable on average 2-3 x a day, every single day by complete strangers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Every time we leave the house... to the point where it gets sort of annoying. Yes they have beautiful blue eyes, yes they have beautiful blonde hair. Yes my sons hair is white blonde and curly and he's adorable. Yes my daughter is beautiful. They hear it all the time, they know it... I'm afraid of them thinking they're somehow better than others because they are beautiful children.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Almost every day, from strangers - since the day he was born until now when he is almost 3 y.o.
    Bryans_Mom

Answer by Bryans_Mom at 4:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I do every time I go anywhere! by random people..
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• strangers are always saying how pretty my son's eyes are, but lots think he's a girl because his eyelashes are sooo long.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i cant go anywhere without gettin stopped by (especially by older ppl) n bein told how cute she is.
    which is fine cuz i take it as a compliment to me as well :]
    i even had someone come up to me n try to take her outta muh arms. never seen this woman before. i grabbed muh kid n she STILL tried to get her from me. even after i switched hips she still rubbed on her leg n told her how adorable she was. kinda freaky, but it happens all the time..
    momma323

Answer by momma323 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• all the time! anytime we go anywhere...anytime we see friends or family that haven't seen him in awhile...or when I post new pics of him...
    but what parent doesn't love to hear that they're child(ren) are beautiful/handsome?! We know they are!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i use to hear it only hear it a few times. but then i started doing my shopping & errands before 11am. old ppl LOVE my DD! i dunno what it is but when i go to the store early in the morning, the old ppl just go nuts about how cute she is.

haha once i had a teenage boy tell me my DD was adorable. he was in all black & pierced everywhere...funniest thing ever!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Ok have you really ever seen an ugly baby elephant etc. Let's face it kids are freakin cute! Granted some more than others but every kid has its own charm. I think as judgemental and bitchy as we moms can sometimes be, we all have a great appreciation for the adorable factor of children.
    My 15 yr old DD had a friend over this past weekend and she said to me "wow Mrs. Alexander, you look really cute today" Could have knocked me over with a feather. At 42 I don't hear that all that often. Is it wrong that I was more excited to hear that than that my 3 yr old is soooo cute lol?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009