Should I go into the Airforce?

I was in the navy, and now I'm not, I have a toddler, I'm married, and I have three stepsons. I can't shake this feeling like I should go back, and I'm trying to weigh my options. My husband is on board but I just don't know. I have a good job, but the military it gives job security, and great benefits that are FREE. Whats your thoughts?

mrswood23

Asked by mrswood23 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• My DH is in the Air Force and I love the stability, especially with the economy right now. But why are you thinking Air Force when you were previously in the Navy? JW
    Anonymous

• Don't want to do any deployments anymore. I'm 27 and my son is almost two and those deployments are from 6 months to a year.
    mrswood23

Answer by mrswood23 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would talk to a recruiter, b/c that might answer your question for you. For instance, they might say they don't need your specialty at this point. Ask them all your questions and then wait a while. Call again, talk to someone diff. and see if the answers change. The AF does get deployed but it doesn't look like quite as often or as long as the army. I have a son in the AF and he loves it. If I had been introduced to the opportunity to join the AF when I was in HS I prob. would have joined. It really looks like a great job for women. The AF has alot to offer.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009