Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I bring any important paper work for my baby?

We are traveling by car from northern Idaho to the Bay area of CA. And then back in a round about way. Do we need any important documents or any thing? This is our first trip with a LO. She's 10 months and has no allergies or taking any medicine (other than fluoride drops). Do i need her shot record or any thing weird like that?

Answer Question

Asked by DirtyMonkey at 5:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Travel

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • You really shouldn't. The only time you would need anything like that I would think would be to travel out of the country. Even airports won't ask for documentation of your infant. Only people over 18 have to show photo ID at airports, at least that was the regulation last time I flew.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • Airports can ask for identification: if the child's name pops up on a watch list or you bought an "under 2" ticket and they look older. I wouldn't think you'd need ID for a road trip by car. I would bring tylenol since she'll be in a carseat for awhile, lots of extra clothes/diapers & it's always handy to have wipes or papertowels close by in case they get car sick.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • nope.. only if you plan on leaving the country or flying.. otherwise.. just what you will need for her (diapers, wipes, etc).

    try to keep some motrin on hand for the just in case, and your doctors number incase something comes up...

    and know where hospitals etc are on your trip as well as rest stops so you are prepared. :

    Otherwise.. enjoy your trip and best of luck. :)

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • Well if you are going to travel like that i would write some info about your family on paper and put it in your car cause i mean you don't know what can happen on a trip. my sister and bro-inlaw got killed 1,500 miles away from us and the little baby girl lived and her older brother and how they got a hold of us is a letter that my sister wrote about the info on her kids and her hubby an her so i think that would eaiser for them to contact your family right away and that they don't use any meds that your kids can use without breakout from some kind of problem.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Travel
Flying with an infant?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
12 days late now!