bottles

whats the best bottles to help prevent gas??

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i like the ventair bottles, but to tell ya the truth mama.. non of them prevent all gas.. lol
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The breast. :D
    Anonymous

• platex w/ the bags. And gas drops before each feeding is what I do. Bags are a pain, but alot less gas from the other 3 I tried. Nipples are close to the breast and they are made to empty like one.
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I use vent aire and sometimes the platex drop ins, and they help. But no bottle(or even breast0 can stop it all. Some babies (liek mine) are gulpers and he does it on both the bottle and breast. The gas drops are not very effective research has shown. The best thing is to be sure you burp your baby well and notice when she is feeling uncomfortable, use a warm washcloth or your warm hand to lay across her tummy . the heat will help it work out. ;o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I used playtex ventair for our first. Then for our second, same thing and the second was just gassy all the time during breast feeding AND the bottle.

We went with Think Baby eventually because of the plastics used.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 6:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I use the DR Brown's bottles. They are a pain to clean, but I had problems with the vent-air and my husband hates those bottles. I like the DR Browns, but right now we are facing a big gas issue with my 6wk old despite EVERYTHING we have tried. We have tried the Gripe water, Mylicon, different bottles, and even slightly warming the formula. I just recently switched him to the sensitive formula and just in two days we have seen a little improvment. We are working on it, but I prefer those bottles.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• dr browns..
    they reduce colic big time.. & my son pretty much burps himself after every bottle & I never had to stop in the middle of feedings to burp him.. & he doesnt get too much gas because dr browns dont let much air in.. but.. they are time consuming!
    natasha_haas

Answer by natasha_haas at 12:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2009