What is the Will of the Father for salvation?

In Matthew chapter 7 verse 21-23,Jesus says;Not everyone who says Lord,Lord,shall enter into the kingdom of heaven But he who does the Will of the Father. For sincere Christians please

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 5:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not a Christian, but my take of that line would be this:
    There are many out there who claim they are Christians, but don't act like one. I call these people weekend Christians. They (seem to) believe that since they go to church they can act however they want the rest of the week. What is the will of the Father?

Love the sinner, not the sin
    Judge not
    Love thy neighbor

Remember, I'm not a Christian, but I think anyone of any faith could follow these simple rules and find their way to God. Too much do we see people of all faiths picking and choosing which rules to follow, or condemning their brothers for having a different POV and using their holy book to validate their points. "Not everyone who says Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven"
    That's how *I* would interpret it, anyway
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• These verses come at the end of the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus had just finished telling the people that basically it wasn't what showed on the outside but what was in a person's heart that mattered. People can claim to be Christian and wear the label, but it is what is really in their heart that matters. Is what is in their heart glorifying to God? If they are great church leaders but do it only to make themselves look good, is that God's will?
    People can follow the Laws of God, but do they do it with the intent to just follow the Law so they don't get "busted" or do they do it out of a sincere desire to do God's will? Examples are given throughout the Sermon.
    The will of the Father for Salvation? "Jesus said unto them, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 OR read John 6:28 & 29. The will of God is to believe in the One He sent, Jesus.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I believe too that the Will of God is that you know him on earth in a personal real way and walk with him through all your life's circumstances.Trusting him to guide you through your prayers.I believe the Will of God is that you empty out yourself and crucify your sin nature so that you will be able to live in the holy spirit and do what pleases God.Jesus says, apart from Me you can do nothing,and Christians can't live in their sin nature and obey God, they need to be in the spirit to rid themselves of their sins.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 6:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The answer to your question is found in verse 23. "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." The people who Jesus will cast into hell are those who don't have a relationship with Jesus. They are the workers of iniquity.

To do the Fathers will you need to be born again, recieve Jesus into your heart, and repent of your sins. This is truly believing in Jesus. A belief that gives you fellowship with God and changes your life.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• "Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God; for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification."

Sanctification is what happens after you recieve Christ. It is the process of becoming holy. It is God's will for us.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,* not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." 1 Peter 3:9

Cinnamon-mom

• To me, it means that many people will call out to the Lord, (like He said in another passage, "they draw near to Me with their mouth, but their heart is far away" [paraphrasing here]) but their heart is not in it, so they will not be heard. But if you have an earnest yearning for the Lord, then you will do His Will.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• When you offer up yourself as a living sacrifice and do what God wants you to do instead of what you want to do is what it means to me. Just by hearing the words is not good enough you have to put them to use in your own life. God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• As Christains we have to continue to seek and do God's will and not our own.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009