Are you an organ donor?

Just curious to see if anyone is or is not an organ donor,Why or why not? . I am, I figure if I am dead what good will it do to have them rot when my organs could save someone who otherwise didn't have a chance.

Alexsmom04

Asked by Alexsmom04 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am and have been since I turned 16 and got my driver's license. My mom died in 2000 and we donated all her organs and tissue (whatever they could use) and we were told she helped over 70 people with her gift, including 3 people that got her heart, liver and kidney that would have died without them. It was a little comfort in that really hard time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I am an organ donor also for the same reason as you.☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• nope.. my only thought is someone on that list may need what i got and they take it from me rather than saving me, my kids need me..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• yep once im gon they can have EVERYTHING for whatever purposes they see fit
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• No. I totally want to be, but IDK how? No one asked me when I got my ID.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yep, I don't need it once I'm gone and if I can save lives as one of my last acts, it's a wonderful thing.

HottMamaRossx2, UNOS only matches you once you are actually delcared dead. Before that, they can't even attempt to match you. Here's some information:

http://www.donatelife.net/UnderstandingDonation/LearnTheFacts.php
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Im not. I was before i became a military dependent. With the military if the chance is slim that youll make it and your organs are good then they wont do as much to help you. I know this because my DH works in the hospital and he tells me that this happens more often then it should. So i dont trust it. I want to get the best medical treatment i can before my organs are given to someone else. Although i told my DH that if i dont have a fighting chance then when i pass to have them donated so that someone else has a chance.
    Anonymous

• Yes I am. I cant understand why someone would choose not to be. My reason is the same as yours. Plus I am a mother, if I can give another mother one more day with her babys the it was well worth it.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Give whatever is left to me to the needy! If I knew how to dedicate my body to science, I would do that. Hell, I would prefer my body be eaten by starving cannibals rather than just being useless.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm an organ donor, but only to those who need it. My organs WILL NOT go to science.
    They will go to someone who desperately needs them.
    I'm dead, what do I need them for?
    I plan on being cremated, so my organs will be froezen.. so it's not like it's defacing my body. I'm going to have it burned so ..
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009