baby blues or insane

i heard of the baby blues but im not really familar with what it really is . i think i might have it. i get a bad feeling when im around my baby girl. i feel like just doing bad things when i am around her. when she cries i just cant take it i want to just throw her somewhere and ill do anything to shut her up and make her stop crying. when i hold her i feel no attachment and she cries and cries i cant make her stop cry good thing theres always someone to take her and make her stop crying. my baby girl and my sister in law are really close and i think my baby thinks shes her mom. i am afraid to be left alone with her i think i might hurt her. im scared i dont wanna tell anybody because they might think i am crazy, i am? thats why i choose to keep my idenity secret. what should i do? before its to late should i tell my husband i try to ignor this feeling. ive tried ignor it this long..is this normal shes only 3 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go right now before it gets to much and this is serious so dont ignor it any longer and tell your husband or anybody you trust what you feel.... get help.. there are all types of hot lines and people out there ready to help you with this. you are not alone...
    pregnproud88

Answer by pregnproud88 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• -please please get help!! i felt the same way.. just get help.. if you need someone to talk to until you get help pm me please,,, ill even give you my number if you want just get help..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Go to the doc, before you act on it, I had it and it is common you just need help, Good Luck!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You should definitely talk to your OB about this - have you had your follow up appt yet? I had the baby blues pretty bad after my first & I remember being jealous of my sister-in-law and how happy she was around my daughter. I didn't understand why I didn't feel happy & everyone else did. IT WAS HORMONES! It gradually got better & better. But I was mostly weepy and crying - never felt violent feelings. It may be something more than the baby blues, but is probably still attributable to hormones - it can be helped. Call your doctor!
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 5:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You need to talk to someone momma. Its called Postpartum Depression and it is very dangerous, especially when the symptoms are that bad. I'm a first time mom myself and there were some days I HATED my son for crying so much. When I talked to my husband, I felt so much better. New moms go through it the worst because it is such a life-altering event and it can make you depressed. Now I can look at my son and not be afraid that I'm going to hate him or do the things you mentioned, which I had thought about. Those thoughts made me cry, they made me want to kill myself for even having those thoughts. It can take a long time to get over, even with medicine but the outcome is worth it sweetie. Talk things out with your husband and then with your doctor but do it quickly. There may be one day soon that you don't ignore them and you hurt your child. That would tear you apart in the situation you are in. Be careful, I am here for you.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 5:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Postpartum Depression.....
    pregnproud88

Answer by pregnproud88 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• PPD. I would go in to make this transition to motherhood so much better -my son had colic very bad so I know what its like to feel some of those feelings, I had a bout of PPD and its very hard - but you can get help so I would do it -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• please get some help and email me or the other mom who offered help and I can try to help you find someone in your area. I understand feeling like you will be judged but your baby deserves a mommy who feels good...you are not crazy sweetie.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would agree that you have postpartum depression, and need to get some help. Your OB should be experienced in this and be able to prescribe a good medication to help you. I think that frustration is normal, but it sounds like yours is just a little more extreme than the norm. I want you to know that these thoughts are NOT YOUR FAULT - it is the hormones, sleep deprivation, and probably loneliness from being stuck at home! Also, sharing these feelings with your spouse or family might help you to feel better too, and maybe they can help out a little more. All new moms need a break sometimes! Best of luck to you!
    leahs_mom_kate

Answer by leahs_mom_kate at 7:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I also agree - postpartum depression. I had it with 4 out my 5 kids. The last 2 (twins) I admitted myself to the hospital. Your hormones are sky high when your pregnant and then they dive once you have the baby. You can get medication easily that will make things feel so much better. Once my meds kicked in it felt like a fog lifted. Looking back, I can't clearly remember everything about how I felt, just that I felt horrible. I cried and cried and cried and had panic attacks and felt like I couldn't handle anything. The smallest task seemed so overwhelming. Every minor thing I blew completely out of proportion and now all that seems so odd. But, I couldn't control it. You can feel better. Call your doctor - your OB could probably help you right away or get you into see someone right away. You don't have to feel this way and it'll get better. Good luck & PM me if you have any questions!
    cleo1969

Answer by cleo1969 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009