How many games do you play at wedding showers?

I am throwing a shower for my cousin and wondering, how many games is expected? I have seen a few that are fun, do you have a fav?

Thanks!

jalex

Asked by jalex at 5:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i threw my sisters shower last year. we played 5 games, there were about 30 women there, so i wanted to do more than just the one or two. we did pass the bouquet (dollar store bouquet and someone controls music when the music stop whoever is holding it is out so forth, they loved that!), we did a quiz type game, everyone got a piece of paper and i asked a bunch of wedding trivia type questions (what is the purpose of groomsmen etc), it was a luau theme so we all had lei's and whoever said bride or wedding lost their lei, most lei's at end of a certain time period (think we did like 2 hours) won (women diving over each other trying to get to the person who said it first, very funny), i had my mother walk around w/a tray of cooking utensils then go back inside and asked everyone to write what she was wearing, then my sis got the utensils as part of a gift. if you have any questions or want ideas just message me.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't do more than 2, and 3, tops. This reason is to entertain the guests, not for the bride to be. This gives them a way to break the ice, laugh, have fun and get to know each other, esp. if there are the blending families.

Make them simple, even cheesy and have fun gifts for the winners. MOstly, have good "chic" food. :) That's the best entertainment of all!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My sisters did an awesome game at my Bridal Shower. They asked my husband-to-be about 15-20 questions...his favorites ect...and then I had to answer them. The catch was that for every one I got wrong I had to stick a huge gumball in my mouth and keep it in there until the game was over. I had a blast. I didn't get many wrong but still had so much gum in my mouth it was hard to talk! And it was awesome to prove to my new in laws that I knew a lot more about him then he thought!

We had about 3-4 games by the way
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 11:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009