is it wrong to want girl and to feel disappointed if it's a boy?

mom2bedec2009

Asked by mom2bedec2009 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think most moms have it in their mind that they'd prefer a certain sex and are a little upset if it isn't what they wanted. You know what? You'll have a boy and be overjoyed and not be able to imagine how you ever wanted anything else. Thats what happened to me!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above poster. With my first I was hoping for a boy. But as soon as they told me it was a girl I started crying and was so happy. And I think I would have had the exact same reaction had it been a boy after all. When you meet your baby it doesn't matter what its sex is. What ever you get will be perfect! And you will love him so much!! GL
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 5:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It's not wrong as long as you don't treat your child differently. I have two boys & am due Christmas eve with my third child. I do want a girl but I know I will love another boys regardless.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• just hope it's human and be happy when it is healthy. that's what is really important. penis or no penis. that's a way to look at it, but no its not "wrong" to hope for one gender.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Sorry boy not boys
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Wrong? No. It's human.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• nah...its normal and the posters are correct , you will see his face and wonder how you ever could have loved ANY other baby more than your son. Trust me, you will fall so in love....:o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Not wrong. We wanted a boy and got a girl. There was maybe 30 seconds of disappointment before we were happy as clams. I'm sure when you see his little face it will all melt away.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• its human,.i wanted aboy first and then come to find out its a girl,..and then she came and i cant imagine myself with any thing else! you're fine.
    Anonymous

• in feel that its okay to be dissapointed as long as u treat it with the same care in love as if it was ur baby girl... it needs attention and love.... but baby girl its okay to feel how u feel...
    joycelyn1baby

Answer by joycelyn1baby at 6:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009