New Mayo Clinic Diet?!?! Lose up to 52lbs in 2 1/2 months??

I have never heard of this diet, but I just found it randomly looking online, anyway so I was just curios obviously this is one of those crash diet things and once you stop you'll probably blow up like a watermelon haha. Has anyone ever tried this diet? here is the link

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have tried this diet .several years ago and yes I did get tired of eating the same thing over and over after a while but it actually worked and I kept the weight off for over a year because my stomach shrunk, so I ate less after getting off since I got full faster....but I did gain my weight back but that was because I started eating fast food more....But I can tell you of a proven weight loss plan from my own experience...My doctor told me to eat 300 calorie meals every 4 hours and stay within 30 fat grams a day and drink lots of water. He also prescribed me a fluid pill and adipex(phenetrimine) Adipex really curbs your appetite. I lost 7 lbs the first week that i started then 3 - 4 lbs weekly there after.
    bekah0919

Answer by bekah0919 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Are you serious? The ONLY and SAFEST way to lose weight is to lose it slowly and by drinking lots of water, eating healthy foods and exercising. Anything beyond that is a joke or a fad or crash diet. You may lose weight, but, It will not be permanent or healthy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't know....I just looked at this, and its got to be a bogus diet. First of all, common sense tells us that if you eat "...all the meat you want, cooked anyway you choose ((including frying?))" that the body would in begin to store the surplus. That's not rocket science, so I, personally could not be convinced that eating all you want of high calorie, high fat, foods would make a person lose and incredible amount of weight in just 2 months.

BUT, of course, if you decide to do it, be sure and take pictures and log your weight loss and then let me know how well it worked for you. That's the best testimonial of all.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• ok if you believe that then you must believe in unicorns and dragons
    Anonymous

• id get sick from eating all that in 1 day. that really isnt healthy.
    brunzysgirl

Answer by brunzysgirl at 10:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• that seems excessive and unsafe! even if you are considering it i'd do a lot more research not from CM. i'd probably get in touch with the Mayo Clinic about that directly.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• ok i just checked the website. that is used for medical situations and are monitored very closely byt he medical community. i wouldn't dare do that on my own. it is a crash diet and usually surgery that would cause you to lose weight anyway
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I NEVER said I was going to try it LOL. I was just asking if you have ever heard of it and if anyone has tried it. Thank you bekah0919 for being the only one who answered this question.

Anonymous