Carseat troubles

OK well my boyfriend has a 2 door old sports car, it has back seats, but taking out the car seat is nearly impossible without a lot of work, i'm due anytime this month, so I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on what I could do until we buy another car that fits a little better. I do not want to have to be at home all the time because the car seat does not fit. Would you think this to dangerous? the car seat does not move at all, it is completely stuck there, so I know in an accident she would probably be fine.
but anyone have this problem? any suggestions on what I can do until I get a new car?

NikiRoo

Asked by NikiRoo at 5:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its just one of those things where you have to suck it up for a while. Im going through the same thing. Me and my DH have a little 2 door and are struggling with that also. Its even harder for me because the seats are kinda like bucket seats in the back so were having a hard time installing it to begin with so it wont move. Just work on trading in that car as soon as possiable so you can get a new one. Thats what were trying to do but we have to wait till the fianances will let us.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• you need to go to your local police station and have them show you how to properly install the seat. they do it for free and they are the ones who can tell you if it is safe. If it isnt then you have no choice but to be at home until ou get a diff car, or only go places in other peoples cars. As for it fitting but being a pain to get out and being probably safe? is 'probably" good enough for your baby? i dont think so. Get it checked hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I know how to install the seat, i'm not stupid...the problem is the car is too small for the car seat, it stays in place and should be safe as in any car, but I just can't really take it out
    NikiRoo

Answer by NikiRoo at 6:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Do you mean it's wedged in their, without using a belt? Then that's not safe. In a wreck, the car's seats move and shift. It could come come loose.

If the car doesn't have airbags, you might consider putting the baby in the front seat and you squish in the back. The restriction against rear facing infants being in the front seat applies to cars with airbags. Yes, the back seat is safer. But only if you can properly install the car seat.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2009