Pinworms?

Today after sending the neighbor boy to play at our house with my 4 yr. old son his aunt advised me he had been taken to the drs. today for having worms in his stool (BM) and that It was probably from playing in the dirt pile at my house, I guess he has to take some medicine and supposedly it will go away, anyhow of course I came in and researched it online and found that Pinworms can be caught from numerous things, and they can be passed from one person to another...I furiously went out and made my son come in immediately and wash his hands, I cant believe they so casually thought it was ok for them to play together? ANyone ever dealt with pin worms, and am I over reacting?....I googled photos of the pinworms and it freaked me out. I really hope my son does not catch this...what are the chances?they play together quite often?

SandyD78

Asked by SandyD78 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• kids catch things. and he already played with the kid so it's too late to try and prevent it now. if he gets it he gets it. take him to the dr.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Please tell us you didnt make the other little boy feel bad. Pin worms are contagious. So is lice, scabies, a cold and the flu. You can get them from playing in the dirt, sand boxes etc. If your worried call your pediatrican and tell them your son has been exposed to pin worms and youd like him checked.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Ignore the previous poster. When I was a kid, one of my friends had worms. She played with my sisters and I all of the time, even when she had the worms. My sisters and I never had worms. Here is a question for your. Why do we worm our pets at least once a year and not ourselves and our children's?
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i agree its nothing to get up set about its apart of life...now u know hes been exspose just have him checked out and if have pets or been around any pets u can pick up worms from them to along with other diseases
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009