Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gestational Diabetes.

I have offically been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes.

My 30th week I went for a sonogram, and the baby was a little on the larger side (3.5 lbs).

I am 32 weeks tomorrow, and I will see my doctor on the 10th.

I am also measuring larger then I should be, I was measuring 36, when I should have been 30.

I want to have a vaginal delivery but I am so concerned that the baby will be too big, and I will have to resort in a C-section. Do women with GD usually deliver earlier...?? Could I?.... I have so many questions to ask, and I am kind of irritated about the fact im just now finding out that I have it, when I could have had been treating it earlier in the pregnancy.

Can Someone who has had it give me some input, I know some of you will say its not that big of a deal, be careful with diet, AND EXERSIZE.. etc.

Im more concerned about having the baby vaginally. HELP.

Answer Question
 
Mrsdenick28

Asked by Mrsdenick28 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • yes I had that and had to take 3 shots a day. I wanted to have V birth but had C section. by the time I delivered I was so happy to have my baby boy even if he came out my a$$! You Do have to be very concious of diet, I would say to consult a nutritionist. She helped me alot.
    writeon

    Answer by writeon at 6:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • I have GD, and only found out at 32 wks.
    I'm now 35 wks and may be put on insulin shots ( I'll find out Wednesday)
    I too am concerned about having my baby vaginally, but looks like I may have a c-section too.
    *sigh*
    AshleyRoseG

    Answer by AshleyRoseG at 7:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • I work in a hospital, and there are plenty of women who deliver their babies vaginally that have had GD.

    If this is something that you want to do, then do it (this goes to you too Ashley!) Tell your doctor you want to attempt a vaginal birth. Tell him/her you understand that there are concerns, and that you are open to a c-section if it is evident that baby will not be coming vaginally AFTER you have attempted it, but that you do not want to schedule one at this time.


    This is YOUR decision, don't let the doctor bully you into anything. If it is what you want to do, then do it. They can not make you have one unless it is a life threatening situation, and thinking that you MIGHT have complications does not count.

    Good Luck to you both!
    CarolynBarnett

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.