Am I wrong or is he insane?

I swear I feel like I'm in middle school... My DH smacked my head when I bit my nails b/c he Hates when I do it, so I went to smack his hand away from me and got his face (Not intentionally). Now he's mad at me because I smacked him and won't sleep in bed tonight. He says I'm wrong, but IMO he's the one who started it and I was just defending myself. Should I be apologizing to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• i would probably apologize for getting his face instead of his hand, but i'd also throw in a doesn't feel so great does it? kinda comment
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm glad that you feel like you are in middle school, cause it sounds like you are too.

If it were MY honey I would tell him "I didn't mean to slap your face, I was going for your hand. Are you going to pout all night on the couch or are you going to come to bed?"
    And when he decides to stay on the couch, I would let him. Until I wake up at 3am alone and go out to the couch and make him come to bed. lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• The simple fact that he thought it was "ok" to smack you for your habit tells me that he needs to be the one to apologize. Why does he feel that he has the right to correct you as a parent would a child? That seems to me like he doesn't respect you as an adult. He could've simply pointed out what you were doing...no physical correction needed....

IMO You were just trying to defend yourself, so regardless of where the self defense shot was aimed (and wether or not it missed) is a moot point.

His fault, he got what he deserved and he should be apologizing to you!

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well, I would apologize for smacking his face instead of his hand, but not until he apologized for smacking you to begin with. There was no reason for that. If your habit was bothering him, he could have simply asked you to stop. Hitting you was uncalled for.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think you both need to apologize and have a serious discussion about why its not ok to get physical for any reason when you love someone.2 wrongs do not make a right, he shouldnt have done it but neither should you have.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well if my hubs did that to me and I accidentally smacked his face - I'd tell him that smacking his face was an accident-- -but he started it and should not have hit first. And next time he starts it I would be sure to say "watch it -I hit back!"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009