Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband of 4 years doesnt want to be with me

still lives with me,we still have sex but he says mean things to me.He doesnt want me to take him to child support,he makes 70 thousand could that be why?????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • So you are saying that you allow this man to treat you like crap, he doesn't want to be with you but stays so you won't get his money? Sad. What do you want? Do you want to continue to be treated like this? If so then lay there and take his crap and his meanness. If not, tell him to hit the road and file for child support. You deserve to be treated with respect. Do you want your children to see him treat you like that and talk to you like that so they can grow up and have men talk to them like that? (or if you have a son, do you want him treating someone so unkindly?) you are allowing him to train your children with this bad behavior.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • I guess i am allowing him to treat me like crap,its because i keep giving myself false hope that he will snap out of it..guess i should let him go.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • there is definitely a good possibility that that is the reason. kick his ass out && go file for child support the same day. I don't know you personally, but I'm sure you don't deserve to be treated like that.

    Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • Woman, you need to kick his ass to the curb!! No woman deserves to be treated like second hand crap. I wish more women, with kids (and without), would realize how much they are worth. Get rid of this scum bag- and then take him to court. Just because he doesn't want to be with you doesn't mean he has the right to just have you around to not pay child support. And your kids don't need to be around such a loser.

    Answer by SinCitiChick at 8:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • Please have some self respect. You deserve so much better. So do your kids. Please wake up before it is too late.

    Answer by bella69147 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • Let him go, make him pay child support and if he's good to his child, let him have visitation, etc. You don't need to have you child/children see a man treat you this way. They will grow up to either do it in their relationships, or allow it done to themselves as well.

    Best wishes, mama.

    Answer by rio_burb at 8:51 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • I am really sorry that you are in this place. All the advice the others have stated makes sense and in a perfect worl you could do it...but i understand how painful it is and will be for a long time. It is devestating to admit something you longed for is over, and hope dies with it. i am sorry (hugs) . I hope and wish all good things for you and your kids, you all deserve it.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 9:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

  • You deserve to be happy it is not right that he treats you like this. I think it would be a good idea for you to seek legal council (lawyer/legal aid) and find out what your rights are and start the ball rolling for child support and custody/visitation. I hope things get better!

    Answer by MizLee at 10:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.