is it a safe guess to believe a family pattern?

my husband's family told me that i will have girl because his grandfather had all girls and his children have had all boys now the girls are us. So i have to wonder if there is any fact to their claims....

mom2bedec2009

Asked by mom2bedec2009 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• men carry both the x and y chromosomes. It all depends on which one they shoot. So I don't put much merit on that pattern

Answer by admckenzie at 7:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• None at all.

My SO's family has given birth to all boys. Not a single girl has been born to them. So I thought we were in the clear for a boy and focused mainly on boy names, things for the nursery, etc.

Guess what? I have a 1 year old girl. lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• no my husbands fmaily all had boys first and well we had a girl first lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my boyfriends family is all boys and my family is all girls and he was telling me that he wasn't going to break the trend so not to get my hopes up for a girl and I found out last thursday that I am 27 weeks and 4 days with our daughter
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my husbands family always has girls first. my family always has girls first.... im having a girl first shes due july 14th lol
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Nope...my fiance's mom said I'd have a girl because they ALWAYS have a girl on the first pregnancy...I'm having a boy (trust me its for certain, he's not shy on ultrasounds). Lol. Plus she also said I'd gain a lot of weight because "all Butcher babies are BIG babies"...I've only gained like 18lbs (but that's MY genetics not his) and the baby is an average size and weight.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 5:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009