WHY DO OUR TEENS THINK THEY KNOW MORE THAN THE PARENTS?

WHEN IT COMES TO DATING, ATTITUDES AND WANTING TO GROW UP TOO FAST!

Juschilln

Asked by Juschilln at 7:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• The same reason you thought you knew more than your parents at their age.

Its a teenage thing, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Oh hush, I'm sure you did the same thing when you were a teenager. That's just how it is.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think its all in the hormones honestly...its just what happens at that age. It's better to just keep a close eye on them, set the rules and then let them learn by making the mistakes.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Chile it ain't even a teenage thing no more. Try having a 8 yr old going on 20!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• For the same reason when we were teens we knew EVERYTHING!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:47 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Because in thise day in age they do actually. If I was as much of an idiot as people my parents age, I would ask to be shot. They know a little more with experience, but in the books, not much. My mother and I share completely different morals, and this has been since I was about 11, and thats usually how it starts lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Sometimes they do. I knew more than my mother as a teenager and I still do many, many years later. I was more ethical, more intelligent, more accomplished academically (she dropped out at 15), and even better at keeping house which was supposedly her career. Of course there are plenty of teens who don't know better than their parents but it's always advisable to consider the possibility that maybe they really do, especially if it's a subject about which you know little.
    Anonymous

• It's not a teenage thing, it's an everybody thing
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 9:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Well when I stayed with my mother....I did disagree with her on a lot of things I think mainly because she liked to yell and bark orders..not saying my mother owes me an explanation but sometimes when your doing the tough love thing it can back fire and make your child want to rebel....and sometimes teens have things going on in their life that they want to tell you but if they don't feel like you all have an open relationship it can manifest into something else
    Anonymous

• Because they do know everything! lol Why didn't you know that sooner? Because you are not a teenager lol. I assume that you are trying to raise one or more, and you are frustrated? You could do what my mom did for me....she let me think I knew everything.....until one day, when I was proved wrong, and realized "Holy crap, there is this big huge thing called the world outside of Highschool..and in that world, I am just an arrogant, ignorant little girl..." They will come running for advice/words of wisdom eventually, trust me. When that day comes, you can look at them and give them the big I told you so! Good luck momma! 

IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009