how can i get red candle stains out of my wall?

I have tried the magiv eraser, alchohol, hairspray and clorox is there anything that works or will we just have to paint the walls? we are renting and are moving out soon so not sure how that will work thanks for any help

n_o71605

Asked by n_o71605 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try to go to home depot, and find 'desolve it', its a greasy orange cleaner, the only thing that i could find....its hard to find though, so good luck. If you find it it is definetly worth buying, works awesome.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I've 'ironed' out wax stains before. Set you iron to the low setting, place a piece of newspaper (black and white, don't use the shiny color adverts) over the stain and iron. The wax will melt and the newspaper will absorb it. Keep moving the paper until all the wax is up, then wipe up the color with magic eraser or whatever.

NWIndianaMomof4

Answer by NWIndianaMomof4 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have heard of what NWIndianaMomof4 has suggested, too.
    If you have all the wax off and it's just a color stain now, perhaps you can just buy a small can of primer to cover it.
    You can also make a deal with the landlord, tell him you'll buy primer for the whole room if he won't deduct that stain from your deposit.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:34 PM on Jun. 6, 2009