I have to go in for an amnio on Thursday and I am scared sick. Not of the needle of the out come.

My blood work came back as 1 in 250 and with my age and it being my third child it was suppose to be 1 in 952. He tells me things could be fine, but just to test and make sure. Needless to say I'am scared of the out come. Deep down i think she is fine, but the thought is what is killing me.

mommyof3512

Asked by mommyof3512 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take your mind off of it, there's nothing you can do to change the outcome of the test and putting stress on your body isn't helping anyone. kick back relax and try not to think about it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Personally I would never get an amnio, its too risky.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Just calm down. Worrying is not going to help the situation at all. There are SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOO many women who are told they have a high chance of their child having a birth defect and most of the time they have healthy babies. Of course no one wants a baby with a problem, but she does have one, will you love her any less? No. God never gives us more than we can handle. Just relax and be calm. I'm sure everything will be fine. And if it isn't, just thank God that they know what is wrong and you have time to prepare. Children are blessings no matter what. Good luck!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• think the best of thoughts for your future child, mom. sometimes happy thoughts can over come some of the toughest obstacles. just chill and think positive.
    kesha865

Answer by kesha865 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I agree with precious333 that an amnio is too risky. I chose not to have one with my children. With my 2nd child i had a first trimester screening and blood test which came back neg. for Down Syndrome. My child ended up having Down Syn. anyway. It did not make a difference 2 me so with my 3rd baby i did not do any ot that genetic testing. I don't know why i did the testing with my second child either. I love all my children with all of my heart. Dom esp. been a blessing 2 our fam.
    Anonymous

• Then dont do it. Would you end the childs life based on the results? If not, dont do it. You need to have 100% peace before getting something like that done.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 8:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009