How do you explain to a 4year old that touching a 2 year old is bad.

I was over a friends House and she was telling me that a 4 year old little boy touched a 2 yearold and it's all the dads Fault.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• EJs, it's called curiosity. Not surprising, particularly if the child does not have siblings and/or if the children are opposite genders. People automatically move to abuse, when in reality it's often times just curiosity, if the child hasn't been told that it is a private area, then how would he see it as any different than touching the 2 year old's arm.

I would just tell the boy that that area is private and should only be touched by mommy when she's taking care of him, or the doctor. Tell him that he also shouldn't touch anyone else there, because that's their private and only their mommy or doctor should touch it. I also tell my 3 year old that no one should kiss her privates. ( I don't just bring it up randomly, but when she falls or bumps herself there and says kiss it, I tell her that I don't kiss butts, or I don't kiss privates, and use that time to explain it.)

toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• barring that there isnt any kind of abuse going on in the home...i would very calmly explain to the 4yr old there is a good touch and a bad touch and that its not good to being touching the 2 yr old's private parts.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My question would be how did the 4yr old and the 2yr old get out of sight long enough for that to happen???? Well i guess if they were playing in a room or something.... And also what did the 4yr old see to make him/her do that?????
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 2:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2009