5 wks pregnant. Anyone have any home remedies for constipation because this sucks lol?

just curious if anyone knows any natural ways without having to take meds for constipation

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• *sigh* not so much, lots of fiber rich foods, lentil soup usually helps.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would ask a doctor if they knew of any. I wouldn't know, I never had that problem when I was pregnant.
    mommy-17

Answer by mommy-17 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• try activa yogurt!
    Anonymous

• fiber and water. that's about it. if you need to resort to something use a stool softener like Colace as opposed to a laxative.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• for the past two days I've had a bowl of shredded wheat each day and it has really helped!
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• A cup of coffee and a cigarette . . j/k lol. Try drinking some prune juice. It's gross, but well worth it. It worked for me. I had major constipation throughout my pregnancy, so an 8oz glass of prune juice became part of my daily diet.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i was the same- i would drink a glass of prune juice followed by a glass of water and that always did the trick- but make sure u have the water cause i always felt dehydrated after drinking prune juice (and having gone through the after effects of the prune juice if u know wut i mean lol) but if ur not fond of prune juice do raisins or prunes in oat meal
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009