Traveling to Dallas and need ideas for things to do

We are vacationing in Dallas this year. Visiting an elderly family member in August. We are taking the kids and the kids are ages 3,6,7,12,14 and 16. We don't have a ton of money to spend but plan on at least going to Six Flags.

Any ideas on places to go and things to do would be helpful. I gladly accept any websites you can point out to me, I don't mind research. Thanks!!

curlykit

Asked by curlykit at 8:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Travel

• About an hour north of Dallas are several lakes which would be nice to take the kids to, just need money for gas, take a picnic lunch and let the kids play in the water for the day.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• There is a place down there called market street it has a games, food venders where the JFK got shot a horse ride and there is this big fish tank that is alswome to see and then there is the bronze longhorn i don't remember whats it called but they have cowboys horses longhorns for you to try to ride and a pretty river thats for kids too but them there is elm street but that is bars and tattoo places..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Six Flags over Texas is AWESOME!!!! Make sure the older ones ride the Titan!... There is a fabulous Holocaust Museum and of course the Book Depository where JFK was supposedly shot from that's been turned into a museum as well.

I'm a history nut so thoes are a couple of my favorite places.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2009

• Fort Worth zoo is good. There are smaller waterpark that you can go to for cheaper. Amazing Jakes in Plano is fun. They have games, food. Its all indoors so great for a rainy day!! they have a website. Cant think of anything right now!! but feel free to email me and ask questions!!! its just too early!!
    Kennedysmommy13

Answer by Kennedysmommy13 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2009