food for 2 for 2 weeks?

i have about $75.00 to get grocerys for me and my hubby for the next 2 weeks. we really dont eat breakfast so just lunch and dinner and he works so i have to pack him a lunch. what i am going to make over the next 2 weeks? i am pregnant and will not eat seafood. he doesnt really care for pasta but will eat it everyonce in a while. help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• well. . . first off (getting on my soap box) breakfast is very important and shouldn't be skipped. (getting off soap box now). That said. . . what is on sale at your local groceries. look for things like frozen bl/sl chicken breast in a bag (usually about $2 a pound) and whole pork loins that can be sliced. I have a great easy and fast recipe for pork tenders that is a hit at my house. Is here any ground beef that is on sale? A good meatloaf can usually last us 3 days including lunches. A pound of ground beef and a large can of tomato sause usually makes a pasta dish with 4-6 servings. Grill up a couple chicken breasts for dinner and if you make an extra you can have ranch chicken roll ups for lunch. If you want recipes let me know and I can e-mail you a lot. Allison
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I usually spend between $100-150 on food for 3 people for 2 weeks, and I am pregnant and tend to grab anything that looks good. That also includes a lot of soda for my husband and all of our laundry soap, toiletries, ect. I generally buy whatever meat is on sale, a bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts ($6), potatoes, some pasta (my hubby doesn't care for it either). It kind of depends on your hubby. Mine won't take leftovers for his lunch...my bffs hubby will. So she makes enough dinner so that he has lunch the next day and we always go grocery shopping together and spend right around the same amount. We have learned a trick that some people think we are crazy for.... don't take you husband...you will spend twice as much money than if you go alone!! Good Luck. If you need anymore ideas feel free to message me.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 11:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I spend $150 a week for a family of 5 with 2 preteen boys so I definitely know how to shop lol! Lunches, don't go all out for them. Literally do like PB&J or ham and cheese sandwiches with a piece of fruit, a salad with some diced chicken (buy a bag of frozen boneless skinless) lettuce tomato cucumber carrot and croutons or whatever you like. Dinners are easy too. We like to have homemade tacos (use 1 lb frozen ground turkey-the Louis Rich brand is normally only $1.25 lb) with 1 lb ground meat and 1 can refried beans and whatever toppings you like as far as onion lettuce tomato cheese wrapped in a tortilla. You can make 10 burritos or so with that amount so that would be more than 2 dinners for you. Buy a pork shoulder roast (normally less than $2 lb) and roast it with some carrots and potatoes. Make homemade chicken and dumplings froma whole chicken (one pot would be 2-3 meals for you). If you want more ideas PM me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• And if you possibly can start eating breakfast, you will be less hungry during the day and eat less later on. Make some homemade muffins with oatmeal and applesauce, they are yummy and quick to grab in the morning. also they make a great snack.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I could probably get through 2 days if I tried hard. But 2 weeks?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Before you go to the grocery store, plan your meals and snacks for the next two weeks. Base your grocery list on your meal plan. Pull any necessary coupons. Eat before you shop. Buy only what is on your list. The sales at the store are not to save you money, but to get you to buy more than you need; if you don't know for sure that you will use it in the next two weeks, don't buy it. The only beverage that you need is water; don't waste money on other beverages. Buy beans, lentils and tofu instead of meats; buy dried beans and lentils instead of canned. Have breakfast for dinner twice a week: veggie omelettes, yogurt, fruit and cereal parfaits, etc.
    If you would like some healthy and budget friendly recipes, feel free to contact me
    (Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and will go a long way towards keeping your blood sugar regulated)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well I recently just spent exactly 75.40 at the grocery store for two weeks and that includes breakfast food..I would recommend planning the full meals before going to the store...Such as
    1.Cube Steak and Gravy, with rice, corn, and a dinner roll
    2.Baked Barbecue Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Green Beans, And whole wheat toast..etc
    SCrockett

Answer by SCrockett at 6:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• A bag of 15 chicken legs organic $5.00.Ground beef two to three pounds $4.00,dinner rolls,green beans,corn on the cob.You can buy foot long sub for $1.50 or buy two and buy lunch meat ,cheese etc and maked sub sandwhices,hey even buy roast or chicken breasts already cooked u can make all these with sandwhiches or with sides easy fast and quick .Also make meatloaf.Chicken with rice or try making taco casseroles or ham and chesse casseroles.They last two to three days and great for breakfast,lunch and dinner.Plan your meals out carefully.Look for the sales in the newspaper that they send to you every week.
    Anonymous