How long do I have to wait until I can dye my hair?

I just had a baby a month ago and I want to dye my hair, but someone told me that I had to wait at least a year before the dye would stick. Is this true or can I dye my hair now?

mommy-17

Asked by mommy-17 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• This is what one lady wrote on Yahoo..not from me.............i also have a 4 month old son and i dyed my hair for the first time after he was born last saturday. he did not have any bad reactions to my dying my hair. my hubby stayed home with him while i went to the beauty salon. i asked my hair dresser and he said it was fine. he would not do it during pregnancy of course or even during my early postpartum weeks. congrats on your baby !!!!!!!!

I would highly reccommend u going to a salon and getting it done, but ASK first! if u are breastfeeding DONT!
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I dyed my hair 2 weeks after I had my son. I even did it myself. I just made sure my son wasn't anywhere near me when I had the stuff on my hair. I made sure to wash it super good- and then I was good to go. I wasn't breast feeding, so I didn't have to worry about that. He's turned out fine.. I think it's ok.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 8:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I died my hair the day I came home. It was such a mess because from about 8 months on I couldn't get off the couch... It stuck just fine! It's fine!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i still had mine highlighted even when i was pregnant so i don't think there should be any problem.
    WesAndNicksMom

Answer by WesAndNicksMom at 11:54 PM on Jun. 5, 2009