prenatal vitamins

i can't seem to be able to take them i'm 17 weeks and ever time i try to take them i just seem to throw up!is it bad if you don't take them?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you have to go to the doctor if you're throwing up everyday, take them with dinner or right before bed. and thanks for the reminder i need to take mine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Are you throwing up when you swallow them or after a couple hours? If it's when you swallow them, you need to talk to your doc. They do have alternatives. If it's after a couple hours, take them right before bed. Most if not all of the nausea will have passed by the time you get up in the morning. That's what I had to do!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Try taking them right before you go to bed. My MIL had the same problem and she said that helped. You can also try the Flintstones vitamins. They work just as well and won't make you sick.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• do u mean since they are so big,??? u cant keep it down? well my friend is 4 months and she has to crush them up and put it in her milk because she cant swollow them but read the label some pills arent healthy to crush up
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• take them before bed. if that doesn't work, cut them in half take half w/breakfast and half w/dinner.
    if those both don't work than talk to your doctor about what other options are there for you, like taking a few flinstones, or a different brand prenatal
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• well if u have trouble swallowing the pills ( there like a horse pill!) then get the chewable one's in the begining i had to get them cuz i couldnt swallow the pills just ask ur ob to prescribe them for u they taste like orange. and yes if u dont take them daily the baby wont get all his nutrition its best to take them every day. good luck!
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• With one pregnancy they suggested taking the kids Flintstones Complete vitamins, I believe I had to take 2 a day, Id take them right before bed. With the twins pregnancy I was put on prima care one and never had a problem with those and that was with aweful morning sickness. I took those before bed as well.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 8:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I hate admitting it, but I have a HORRIBLE time swallowing pills.. always have, but I tried the prenatal my dr prescribed.. couldnt do it. We tried putting the liquid in pudding/yogurt..something like that, but it literally smelled like fish. ick. made me horribly sick. I am 38 weeks and have been taking the flintstones ever since the beginning. its better for the baby than not taking a vitamin at all. these don't make me sick.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Make sure you take it with a lot of food and drink a whole glass of water... try it and then if that doesn't work, talk to you doctor.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2009