What does this mean?

I swear I can be sitting or watching television, on the computer and if for some reason my kids start to yell or the tv too loud or just any sound that is louder than what I would like it gets on my nerves I am ready to yell and slap some heads.
Why do I feel this way, and it happens in spurts sometimes I can take it and at times it can drive me crazy if I let it. Help me with some answers, Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• You aren't the only one. I have the same problem. I woke up one day, shortly after I turned 30, and realized that I was having trouble hearing what was being said when their was alot of background noise. Sometimes, I can't take it and tell them to shut the game or tv off. I tell they have been playing or watching it too much. I try to find something else for them to do that doesn't require a lot of noise.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 8:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I am conjecturing that it is a matter of "the camel's back." That things start building up and all the sudden they explode. So even though the tv is in the background when you are relaxing, somebody does something that makes you a little tense, then you think of something you need to do, which makes you more tense, then you realize you've forgotten to do something and get even more tense, then it all gets too much, and your nerves get sensitive, and you notice things more and that does it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2009