lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks

I went to the dr. 5/11/09 and told her that I keep gaining weight and I exercise when I can but I have a bad foot that limits me especially after standing up at work all day and I dont eat a lot. She took about 5 tubes of blood to check everything even thyroid. I havent heard anything from her about that yet but she did give me the diet pill phentermine 30 mg and as of today I have lost 8 pounds. I do try to walk at least 2 miles every other day and since the pill gives you dry mouth I find myself drinking plain water and I have never liked plain water but now I drink lots of it in fact its just about all I drink. This is a good pill so far but I dont want to lose to fast. I am 5'3 and have always weighed about 110 lbs and even after my 4th child I weighed 110 but in a two year span I found myself weighing 153 lbs with flabby stomach. anyone taking this pill and like the results?

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 8:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• How nice for you. I'm very weary of diet pills because of the effects on the heart. I could stand to lose weight. I don't know if you heard Hydroxycut is banned because it's been causing some people to have liver damage. That scared me. Good for you and Good Luck.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have so taken it...works awesome went from 180-135 and have kept it off for 7 months
    AmeliaR

Answer by AmeliaR at 12:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Lose it fast, gain it fast!

Did your doctor send you to a nutritionist so you and relearn healthy eating?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My SIL was on Phentermine and ended up at the hospital with chest pain and high BP and this was while being supervised by her physician. She had no problems with her BP before taking it. Be careful! Some people have had great results with it, but they gain the weight back when they stop. ( I have seen this happen with everyone I know that has tried it). Hope it works for you! Don't mean to be a downer...just be careful!
    Anonymous