what do you do if you are suspicious of your hubby

I woke up at 12 midnight and my hubby was not in bed, got up to go pee and heard him on the phone but couldn't get the conversation. As soon as he heard me he hung up. I later on in the morning look at his calls an found out that he called a work mate about three times and they talk for a while. Should I read anything into this, asked him what's going on.

carltom

Asked by carltom at 9:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• what did he say when you asked him??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Id check the phone bills and even call the number. Press the star key *67 before dialing, this blocks your number from coming up and see if its a female that answers. Then after all that confront him on it
    Anonymous

• hmmm... I would ask him in a way that does not have him put on his defenses. I don't know what else to say.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• What does he do for work? It could be completely innocent. I know when I was a manager I would get calls at all hours from people looking for my help.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 9:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• first off, give him the benefit of the doubt. does he have a job where it wouldn't be weird for him to need to ask something of a coworker late at night? Trust him firstly....you'd want that same respect if it was you. The him hanging up thing could have been a coincidence... you don't wanna snoop around, that's just tacky. talk to him if you're worried. I agree with Precious, find a way that doesn't put him on defense. good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEASE! If it was "work related" he probably would have bitched about it or brought it up to her.. not hang up the minute he knows she's up! Is the co-worker Female????
    Anonymous

• I'd recommend asking him flat out if there is something you should know about. If there's not, then there's not. Let him know you weren't sure whether or not to ask because you do want to trust him, but trust has to be earned.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 9:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Does he get up at midnight to change the baby ? If not he is not going to be up at midnight on the phone. Men just don't do that unless they are talking to a female. If is was a buddy it could have waited. Trust your womens intuition. If you think he is he probably is. My main problem has always been not trusting my own instincts. You do not have to have all of the evidence to know what is right. You should know him. Is it like him to be up at midnight on the phone ? Just trust your self and do not let him play you.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009