What did your kid do to make you smile today?

Mine came up to me with his stethoscope. He listened to my chest and then said "Ta da! You feel better!!" Cute, cute, cute!

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 9:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• my baby girl is 2 weeks away from turning one...she walked today!!! i was eating a Klondike bar & she wanted it, so i told her to come to me (she was across the room). she gave me this look of aggravation, then stood up & walked the 7 ft to me! she didnt even fall. i was so proud i dropped my ice cream & couldnt stop praising her. she's growing so fast!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We're moving, I put Talon (7months) in a box and let him play. I looked over at one point and he's just all leaned back, feet up on the edge, chilling. laughing at me and wondering why I can't get in and play with him. Cute! I love him!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• They helped me clean their room, and i didn't even ask. Had a big smile on my face, after begging them to help for 2 days i decided to do it myself. Then they helped?!$%^&?!!? idk?
    They can be so sweet when they want to be ....lol.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My silly willy is three and so often I find myself drifting off at work thinking about her and smiling. Today she was just herself. Talking about the adventures of her day and wanting to kiss me three and four times. If just have to know Brianna and everything she does makes you smile.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• she sang a lullaby to her baby brother. shes 3 1/2 hes 11 days old and he was fussy and wouldn't calm down so she sang him a lullaby, then when she took a nap i decided to take one too so she asked if she could take a nap w/me i said sure b/c shes upset he gets to sleep in my room and she doesn't and she said mommy you need a lullaby too, and sang me her abcd's (she adds the d not just abc so cute) and then tucked me in and kissed my forehead.
    then later on she was playing house with her baby doll and she tucked it in told it night nights, scared the monsters, read books, sang it a song. then as she was leaving its "room" she looks back and says "don't call me again its time for you to go to sleep" b/c this is the convo we have every night..lol
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My dad stopped in on his way to work today. My 22 mo son was all excited because he thought he was on his motorcycle. "Cuckle, cuckle?" he asked. (cuckle=motorcycle) My dad said, "no, I don't have my motorcycle today." My son waved him away and said "uhh... kuck" (truck). It was too cute!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I gave my kids ice-cream! I watched them slurp it up, and let it drip down their shirts. They were so happy, I couldn't help but smile, even with the mess.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• first off all my kids are grown. we all have cell phones and text each other alot. a question was going around.... if you were building a perfect person, what would you take from me to put in this person ?..... my second oldest texted me back with...... the way you love me ......... i had a smile on my face all day.
    shook50

Answer by shook50 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• lets see....he makes me smile all the time i love it. Today we took a nap together and he snuggled into me and held my hand while he fell asleep. and then when i got home from work cause i had to leave before he got up from nap i went into our room where he fell asleep with dad and he woke up and saw me with a big smile on his face and gave me hugs and kisses. i love that.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my dd walked up to me first thing in the morning and said "mommy are you awake?" and i said "nope" and she looked really confused and thought for a minute and said "we;; wake up mom i want food!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2009