PCOS plus pregnant

Are there any other pregnant women here with PCOS? My doc is taking me off metformin and I am worried that the high insuling levels will affect the baby or cause gestational diabetes. Anyone who has gone through this or is going through it now, if you could share your experience and outcome I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you!

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have PCOS also. But when I got pregnant, my cysts all went away. Im now 30 weeks, and I havent had any related trouble. My glucola test (the one hr one) came up high, so I had to take the 3 hr one. It came back fine, but my bloodsugar was up a little (and i mean a little ) right after fasting, so he is sending me to a gest.diab. class (my grandmas is also a diabetic, so he's being cautious)...we'll see how that goes. Anyhow, I hope all is well! How far along are you?
    SSwaney

Answer by SSwaney at 11:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have or had pcos and when i got off metphormin i thought i'd get diabetes too but during my pregnancy i had the best levels that i had in like years and i felt so good and now i'm breast feeding and the levels went back up so i'm getting nervous but its all good you should be fine.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am 7w5d and they are doing a 1 hour glucola next week after I have been off the metformin for 7 days, so we will see. I am so glad to hear that it's going well for both of you, hopefully it will be fine for me as well!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Im sure everything will be fine! Keep me posted :)
    SSwaney

Answer by SSwaney at 11:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009