Are you a "Loner" in a good sense of the word???

I have been on this planet 39 years. I have had many friendships, come and go and some go only to reunite years later.

I have never belonged to any one "social clique" persay. I kind of flutter between a mosaic of friends from different walks of life. I have four truly best friends who I call sisters that know me from the inside out. However, as they don't all live near me(except one) I find myself a "loner" for the most part. Seems like "friends" I meet online divulge alot or write or call alot(sans the four i mentioned). I make efforts to make friends in social networks when time allows, but it just seems like we don't click or I ramble so much that it freaks them out LOL(i love to talk and write, my two favorite past times).

So who out there knows what I'm talking about. Like your not really a social recluse, you just don't have a big social circle of friends? Does it bother you? Sometimes it bugs me....(cont)

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 9:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aw, I'm the same way. I always call myself a hermit...lol. I meet and make friends online, but most are fleeting over time. My dearest friend has been like a sister to me since we met about 19 years ago, but it has been many years since we have seen each other and we rarely call - we both hate talking on the phone...lol. We do love to write, though, and keep in touch through letters. I don't have any family, to speak of, except for my husband, daughters, and granddaughter. My daughters are growing and my granddaughter is an infant and will eventually move on with her mother. My husband is my forever friend. I never leave the house unless I have a purpose and I usually don't like to go alone. I haven't gone out with friends for about 10 years or so. I wouldn't even know what to say or how to act if I were to do so now.
    I'm a happy hermit. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• ...but sometimes i am just to busy with LIFE to care about it. Just a passing observation i noticed about myself. LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Very much so =]

I'm totally happy being alone for long periods of time. But when I want to be with someone, I go crazy! LOL.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't really have a lot of friends either, just a few close ones. I work in a job that requires me to talk to a lot of people on a VERY regular basis, and since I'm naturally shy and quiet to begin with, I think that makes me even more so. But, like you, I am also usually so busy that I don't really think about it. And if I did have more friends, I would just be even MORE busy, if that's even possible.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think that I am pretty much the same way. Even in highschool, I didn't belong to any one "click" i had a few good friends, but mostly was just ready to get out...lol. && I'm still the same way now, I have one or two "good friends" but mostly just aquaintances && I am perfectly fine with it. I trust people too easily && they usually end up stabbing me in the back, so I am content to keep to myself for the most part.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm not unhappy though overall, although some days i feel like I belong on the island of misfits where I can hang out with rudolph and the dental elf. :) It's just neat to know there are other moms out there who know what i mean.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have 2 friends that ive knows for 15+yrs (since elementry & highschool). They are the only real friends I have & I rarely see them (im lucky if its once a month)... It sucks! Being a sahm id love someone to hang out with or chat daily with that is also a SAHM or someone who would take the time for a friendship. but its hard.. and it doesnt help that i am shy..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I once tried to join a group that I found on meetup.com called "misfits" I didn't even fit in with them LOL I am a loner...I just like to hang out with my kids so I'm not bothered with it..I have family around and love being with them so I don't care that I don't have friends
    Anonymous

• I have a lot of people I could say are friends but after being stabbed in the back so many times I just don't care.. I would rather be at home watching a movie relaxing instead of worrying about trying to make plans and meet up with people and then having them bail out last second
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm almost 50 and have had a busy life, been there, done that... Now I love my alone time and have always been a bit of a non conformist. The friends I have are few but true.I have many acquaintances around town like, hi how are you? blah blah blah but I prefer real honest conversation without any hidden agendas. I like cafemom and sometimes find a kindred spirit.

writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2009