When do periods Stop? At what Age I mean?

Does it matter what age you started? Does that determine what age they stop? How will you know your last one? Is there a way??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• Dont think there is a magic age or anything... I believe its in your 40s.... I know thats when it stoped in my mom..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Anywhere from the 40s to 50s.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Generally the menstrual cycle stops sometime in a woman's mid fifties, but can begin to come irregularly as early as the early to mid forties. Granted, this isn't true for everone. It can still be totally normal to go through menopause and be done with it in your forties. As for knowing when the last one will come, I don't know if that is something you can tell until you stop having them and notice it's absence. Usually they will start coming sporadically. You may go three months without having one and then get one in the fourth month. Then have another one after only two weeks, followed by another three month dry spell. So you have to go several months in a row to know for sure. I believe that is also a test your doctor can perform to tell what stage you are in.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2009