amio who did an why

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://lashawnbarber.com/archives/category/child-killing/
    Anonymous

• TROLL ALERT!

Anonymous

• I did to know whether my child had any congenital problems.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• do you mean amniocentesis? I had 2 during my 1st pregnancy. The first one was because there were growth problems and they wanted to check for chromosomal problems like Downs. They also checked lung development. the second one was to check the lung development to see if her lungs were developed enough so they could induce me early.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• "I did to know whether my child had any congenital problems."

Ditto. I had an amnio with my third child. It wasn't so I could abort. It was so we could have the birth team ready if he had the same issues my daughter has. We weren't prepared when my daughter was born and we both nearly died in childbirth. If I had known what was wrong with her I would have had a C-Section instead of trying for natural child birth.

Anonymous

• I had 5 of them with my last son. The first one was the actually genetic test because the doctor found some birth defects on the ultrasound and we were trying to prepare the surgeons for what was to come. The other four were to drain some extra amnio fluid, 91/2 liters total.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We did have it with our first child, we had peace about it before we did it. There was a major concern for him and it was something that could have been fixed in pregnancy or soon after birth. We would NEVER ever abort, so it was to help him, not to hurt him. With our other children, it was suggested again and we had no peace about it so we did not have one done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2009