Is it normal for my two week old daughter to strain and grunt while making a bowel movement?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes b/c imagine you were trying to poop while laying on your back...not so easy.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• absolutely momma, mine is 7 months and still does it!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• yes, completely normal. they all do it. as long as her poo isn't hard when you change her then she is not constipated or anything.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Normal and can be so funny to watch! Maybe I shouldn't laugh at my child's discomfort, but they can make some of the funniest faces!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Haha awe I remember that...yes it is. And then the EXPLOSIONS of poop when you're out places hahah. Oh I actually miss that it was so funny
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Yep as long as it doesnt look like rabbit turds.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It's VERY normal. At that age it takes every ounce of their strength to have a bowel movement, so they grunt and strain and sometimes even shift around.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Very normal
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• It is normal at that age b/c babies that young don't have full control over their internal sphincter which may seem like she is constipated but she isn't....As she gets older it will get better, but she just doesn't quite know how to use it yet! congrats =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• hahaha ya its so funny to watch! my twins have the cutest face when they do it. And you KNOW that they are doing it too! lol
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009