is eating ice bad for you

hi i have a bad habit of eating ice...sometimes i just want to get a glass of ice so i can eat it...my cousin says this can cause anemia but i am not sure..lately i have been really tired bruising easier short of breath all things that are symptoms of being anemic but i have never been diagnosed with it I am thinking of going to the doc but my family already thinks that I am a hypochondriac what do you think should I go?

mom0f6517mths

Asked by mom0f6517mths at 10:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Health

• I know that it's bad for your teeth, but I've never heard about the anemia. Not saying it isn't true, I've just never heard of it. I ate ice the entire time I was pregnant && I never experienced any symptoms from it.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I would get tested for diabetes. It is a symptom to crunch ice.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• your..disease...is..called..pica
    Anonymous

• i have never heard of it causing anemia. Chewing ice cracks your teeth.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Pica is the uncontrollable urge to eat things that are not food, like pencils and chalk, and laundry soap. eating ice is not a form of pica. Dumbass!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Pica is a medical disorder characterized by an appetite for substances largely non-nutritive (e.g., clay, coal, soil, feces, chalk, paper, soap, mucus, ash, gum etc.) or an abnormal appetite for some things that may be considered foods, such as food ingredients (e.g., flour, raw potato, raw rice, starch, ice cubes, salt, blood). Who's the dumbass now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You can weaken and eventually crack your teeth.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2009