What is one thing you have learned from CM?

I've learned a lot of things. CM has literally chnaged my whole lifestyle (thanks to the groups i'm in, due (of course) to my own interests). But one thing i've really really learned from CM is that everyone has a different parenting style. Even those who share similiar interests with myself. And i find myself much less judgemental of other ppls children.

What about you? (does not have to be so "deep" lol).

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 10:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I learned some of the newer and modern ways of parenting. I understand them now, even if I don't agree with some of them.
    I learned that some of the regular members on here have become "real" people to me now and not just internet floaties. I value them as people and I value their thoughts and opinions.
    On that same note, I have learned that there are some seriously psychotic people out there who truly need help and I do my best to keep my distance from them so I don't rile them up and have their psychoses directed at me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I've learned all sorts of new ways to judge and mistreat people!

Haha, just kidding of course!

The best advice I got on here was when I was really mad at my husband and I wanted to know how people thought I should handle it. My best answers said "don't be a bitch." She was sooo right, too bad I didn't do what she said though. Next time I won't be a bitch though!
    Anonymous

HAHA, not kidding.
    Anonymous

• I've learned how judgemental people can truly be. It's sad.

But i've also learned alot of good information that will help me be a better mother and wife
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I've learned that only brestfeeding moms are good moms. It doesn't matter if they smoke dope, or don't take care of their children properly...so long as they breastfed, they are good mothers!

I've learned that using baby food from jars, disposable diapers and non-organic food makes you a lazy mother who doesn't want the best for your kids.

I've learned that if you use(d) formula, that automatically makes you a bad mother. Nevermind that some moms have medical reasons for not breastfeeding...nope, doesn't matter. You're a horrible mother.

I've learned that it's ok to call CPS on ANY parent you think is harming their kids. Heard a mom yell at her child in a store? Call CPS! Saw a baby outside without a coat in the winter, or overdressed in the summer? Call CPS! Saw a child get spanked? Call CPS! Saw a mom giving her toddler a sip of soda pop? Call CPS!!

THANK YOU CAFEMOM!!!

(obvious sarcasm)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• LMAO, Fallaya. So true. I also learned that other moms think exactly what I already know. That I am ugly. When I measure the amount of nice ppl on here against the mean ppl. Well, guess which weighs more.
    I will still be on everyday because there is always something informational, entertaining and heartfelt on CM.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have learned that I have an amazing life and to not take it for granted. I read on here everyday about the hell some women are going through. Sometimes it is their own doing, but often it is at the hands of someone else.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Hmmmm, if I'm bored I can come on here and join in on verbally attacking the anon of the night for saying how they truly feel(sarcastic)
    I have learned that not everyone has basic common sense like if you are pregnant and bleeding bright red blood go to the ER! Get off the computer! Or that some people like to walk around naked in front of their 6 year old and ask us if they should stop....
    I've also learned how to not discuss, abortion, co sleeping, leashes, religion, politics, or Obama unless you feel like arguing with someone ALL NIGHT LONG!!!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I learned how much FUN it can be on the computer. Now I don't have to feel left out all the time in my own house. There are four males and they are always on the computer.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 1:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009