AH! my tooth hurts!

Can i get dental work done being pregnant? I might have to get my tooth pulled or filled but a friend said they might not do anything cause im pregnant
i cant take this pain!

MsQuiana

Asked by MsQuiana at 10:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just cause you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't get dental work done. As far as I know.. you just can't have x-rays done. I know you shouldn't take medication, if you can help it, but if it hurts that bad take Aleve- it works awesome for toothaches, and a pill or two isn't going to hurt the baby. Just don't make it a habit.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 10:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I had dental work done with 2 of my pregnancies, with no problems. The dentist said he did prefer to do work on mom's during their second trimester, but if it is a case of being in pain or not they can take other precautions to make it safe anytime during pregnancy. If it is hurting really bad too, you can swish some cheap whisky in your mouth to numb the pain, dont swollow it though, but just like mouthwash, swish it around and spit it out. I smelled like an alcaholic for a week when pregnant with my daughter, got alot of wierd looks from people, but it does help alot.
    Anonymous

• My doctor said it's fine to have dental work done while you are pregnant, just to be sure the dentist knows you are pregnant. I was even told that x rays are okay (they have to put something over your tummy). Tooth aches are the worst when pregnant! I feel your pain, hopefully they can get you in soon!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• it just hurts when i eat hopefully its nothing major because i just had one pulled earlier this year and i don't want to go through that again!
    MsQuiana

Answer by MsQuiana at 10:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2009