• In the Spotlight:

whats your opinon on the leashes people put on their children?

i am against them and will never use one. just curious as to what your opinons are!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'll tell you what...I didn't like them until I had a child who needed one. It was an absolute safety necessity. I believe that children shouldn't be cruised around in a stroller all the time, that they should be given the opportunity to move their bodies when they are old enough to do so, and kept close to mom before then (in a sling or baby carrier). My second child has Asperger's and I don't know how many times over harm could have come to her if it weren't for a little harness. Hers was a little stuffed monkey. The tail was worn around my wrist. She loved that monkey, named him, slept with him.

Bottom line, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about them. They are a wonderful safety measure for parents who don't feel it's right just to "contain" their children all the time.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think its demeaning.
    Myni

Answer by Myni at 10:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I'm not against them. I've considered using them because my son doesn't want to sit in a stroller and prefers to walk. Since some places are crowed, I'd like to give him the option to walk without worrying if he'll wonder or get lost. My SO on the other hand, thinks it's unethical.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I don't like them.
    Anonymous

• This question is asked all the time. It's been answered.
    Anonymous

• Some kids do need them. I swear my sisters do. They just run off, no matter how hard my mom tries to keep them by her side.

They dont bother me, honestly. I think they're more of a comfort fro parents knowing their kid can have some type of "freedom" but still be safe.

Will i use one? Probably not.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• ok anon 1026, but it didn't stop you from opening it up lol.

Anonymous

• My son has autism. Therefore he has no idea about the danger of running away from mommy and he hates being touched. Which means hand holding is out of the question. Usually he rides in a shopping cart But, if we are somewhere that doesn't have a shopping cart and we do not have the stroller I use his harness. It's the only way to keep him with me that keeps him from screaming the whole time.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I rather have my kid on a leash than have them lost!!! My son has a little monkey backpack and its sooo cute. We used it a handfull of times when we went to busy places. With those you cannot pull your child along, but rather if they decide to take off running it wil only allow them to go several feet. I put it on him and hold his hand while we walk and if he decides to take off he can't. He is not one who runs away, so we really don't need it that much, but his cousin, my nephew, is one that likes to take off, so it really comes in handy with him.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• i think they are useful in some situations like a crowded place or if your child loves to run. but i seen a woman have one on her kid and he went to run and she snatched him back and he went flying and landed on his bottom and was crying cause he got hurt. i decided then and there i wont use one
    rkm0731

Answer by rkm0731 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2009