How much do you pay a babysitter for a date night?

I have seen all these questions about babysitting, but they seem to all be asking about child care. Not just for a date night with your hubby. So my question is this. I have 4 boys and the oldest 7, youngest is 9 months. I have the sitter come to my house bc the baby is in bed and asleep by 6.15pm. So basically he/she would watch my 3 older boys bc the baby is asleep. How much do I pay the sitter for like 4 hours to watch the kids in my home?
2nd question: How much do I pay a sitter for keeping my 3 oldest boys overnight in their home? My friend has watched my children from 6pm one night til around 4.30 the next evening. How much would you pay her? I paid her $75 and she said that was happy with that but I couldn't help but wonder if it should have been more...

reece8277

Asked by reece8277 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think it varies by area and age and experience of the sitter. I would pay an older woman who was certified in infant CPR (for example) more than I would a teen. Ask around other moms in your area to see what they pay, and to get sitter recommendations.
    As far as the overnight question goes, I wouldn't feel comfortable making that arrangement myself, so I can't help you, there. But if your friend who did it felt that $75 was fine, I'd say that it's enough.
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 12:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2008