a no kill shelter in va beach area?

we have an older lab, shes about 13 maybe 14 yrs old. and she has snapped at kids just too often for comfort. yesterday she snapped at a little boy that was playing with my daughter, when i tried to get her to go outside she snapped at me, shes never done that, and i'm afraid shes going to actually hurt hurt a kid. she has scratched my daughter twice now, once when my daughter climbed onto her and then today when my daughter tripped and fell on her hip (she has a bad hip and this is when she snaps when someone touches the hip) so i don't want to put her down, its not her fault shes older and it hurts her when this happens. so if anyone knows a no kill shelter in the area i'd appreciate knowing where and a phone number! i've called SPCA they said they are overcrowded and since we would be taking her b/c of her temperment around children that they would put her down right away and not wait to see if she is adopted. CONT

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 10:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pets

• Yes, in Hampton. I can't remember the name of it. It's on, I can't remember that either. I went to TNCC, and it was on the same road, but going towards Langly. I know they have older dogs. And I think they either help pay, or pay for, medical for the older dogs if it's needed. They really want to adopt older dogs out, so they make it as easy as they can. Butler Farm Road, I think. Geez. Have you googled no kill shelter? Google it, but add Hampton VA.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• a great dog. protective, still likes to play catch etc...so i know she'd make a great pet for someone, just someone with out young children. and no one i know doesn't have an infant or toddler
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:36 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• thanks so much!!!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009